Improving the health of health care with RFID and location services
Health care is under a major pressure to do more with less. The sector is subject to growing demands to achieve higher standards of service, shorter waiting times, less medical errors, and stronger budget controls.
Hospitals adapt to these changes implementing more process oriented and patient-centric procedures. To do so they need much better information than now available, a higher visibility of the resources they manage and a far better ability to monitor their business processes. Location and identification of patients, equipment and staff are essential to help hospitals in this challenge. Geodan Movida provides a full range of solutions for location and identification in health care.
The mobile and location awareness solutions of Geodan provide a complete portfolio of location, identification and RFID services for health care, such as:
- Expensive equipment tracking and maintenance: ‘Where is the EKG?’
- Patient safety: ‘Does this blood product match with this specific patient?’
- Patient flows: ‘When did patient Brown leave the department?’
- Medical staff safety: ‘Nurse Jensing requests urgent assistance in Room 3A45.’
- Patient logistics: ‘Did Mr. Jones already arrive?’
- Material use: ‘How many pieces of product X have we used today in the surgery theater?’
- Equipment availability: ‘There is an insufficient number of wheelchairs in the ER department!’
- Blood quality: ‘Where is the blood for this patient? And what is the temperature profile in the last 10 hours?’
Geodan provides technology, as well as design and professional services, to implement RFID and location services in health care. Geodan Mobile Solutions offers a unique opportunity for hospitals and health care institutions to reduce costs and improve patient safety while protecting their investment in RFID technology which is rapidly evolving.
Look at how technology can be used to create real-time location awareness for indoor or outdoor applications. Movida for real time location awareness.
Find out how paramedics and physicians use voice technology to register medical data into their system.
Find out how hospitals are able to reduce their administrative burden, increase patient safety, offer better services to patients and improve patient logistics through the use of RFID.
Understand the competences and professional services of Geodan Mobile Solutions to maximise your ROI in RFID adoption in health care.
AMC-project: Geodan Movida and RFID support logistic processes AMC