Tourism and recreation
ICT adoption in tourism is rapidly growing. Cities adopt new technologies to attract tourists and improve their experience. Parks adopt ICT to enhance safety and responsible use of nature. Event managers exploit new communication means to promote music and art. Operators provide mobile subscribers with guides and information services for recreation and entertainment.
Geo-information is an essential element of ICT for tourism: from mobile guides with points of interest and routes, to alert systems, to real-time information when and where needed.
The mobile and location awareness solutions of Geodan provide a vast range of options for creating tourism and recreation services, such as:
- Mobile guides: where is the Rembrandt museum?
- Children and family safety
- Stand and event visibility
- Exhibition guides
Geodan provides the technology, as well as the professional services to create, implement and manage tourism and recreation solutions.
- Technology can be used to create real-time location awareness for indoors or outdoor applications. Geodan Movida for real time location awareness.
- Expositions and stand owners can see how visitors experience the stands and expo facilities.
- Geodan develops mobile applications, for PDAs or mobile phones.
- 3D technology of Geodan can be used to create rich visual environments.
- National Parks are adopting Geodan technology to provide better services to their visitors.
- Swiss national park
Webpark Location-aware information for location-aware visitors