‘Water as an organising principle’ and ‘space for water’ are much heard statements in recent years. It has become clear that water must be taken into account in many fields. Meanwhile, this is taking shape. For example, through reports for the ‘European Water Framework Directive’ and implementation of the ‘water test’.
Geodan, expertise in the field of spatial information since 1985, offers a wide range of possibilities to realise your water-related solution. This covers the whole geo-ICT package, which varies from consultancy to trainings and from the organisation of data to the development of a mobile application.
For complying with legal requirements or the requirements of citizens or organisations regarding the organisation of spatial information, the data need to be ‘in order’. In this area, Geodan offers the following support and products:
- determine the quality;
- instruments for management and maintenance;
- metadata systems GeoKey ISO and GeoKey 4.0;
- implementation and coaching of metadata projects.
In many water-related processes, the use of mobile GIS is very efficient and effective. A term for recovering the costs of less than one year is very well possible. Geodan is a leading supplier in this field. Some solutions are:
- registration and handling of the inspection process;
- registration and handling of the ‘Open Crop’ controls;
- registration of water levels in the field and registration thereof in Hymos;
- a generic mobile application through which it is possible to make all spatial information from a geodatabase available in the field in a controlled, structured and customised manner, and to improve and mutate this information.
Besides the above-mentioned mobile applications, Geodan also has the following products at its disposal for the Dutch water market:
- Munice for administering and maintaining cadastral information;
- GeoKey ISO and GeoKey 4.0 for administering, maintaining and accessing meta information through the intra and internet;
- Geodan Movida for Location Based Services.
Both on the basis of standard software (such as ArcGIS and MapInfo) and on the basis of, for example, Open Source Software, Geodan develops spatial solutions taking into account Open Standards as much as possible. Besides, Geodan has a lot of experience with the development of portals that make spatial information available (online).
In all areas of spatial information, Geodan’s consultants provide expert advice or guidance for your projects. The key words are: objective, innovative and flexible.
Geodan has set up a separate division for providing additional support for a longer period of time. The people working in this division are Geodan employees who meet Geodan’s quality criteria. Also in the field of water, there are experts available for longer periods of time.
Trainings and workshops
Geodan’s trainers provide both standard trainings in ArcGIS, MapInfo or ArcPad and customised trainings or specific workshops for e.g. metadata implementation paths.
Geodan uses a diversity of technologies in the water market: from ESRI software like ArcPad or ArcGIS to self-developed products. Geodan feels very strongly about the use of Open Standards and is a member of the Open Geospatial Consortium. Besides, Geodan has a lot of knowledge of the development and work with Oracle products and the deployment of Open Source Software.