Geodan & consultancy
Geodan provides its consultancy services with a team of expert and enthusiastic professional consultants whose efforts guarantee the optimal design of your geo-information supply.
Our vision and motive: the power of location
Location as a linking factor in your business process, that is the vision of our consultants. We identify opportunities to optimise your information provision by taking advantage of the power of geo-information. That is what fascinates us and what enhances the success of your business.
We have an overall view of the whole spectrum
The thorough provision of geo-information has an impact on different levels in your organisation. From a technical architecture, an information and application architecture to a process and business architecture. Our consultants have a good view of the situation.
Knowledge of the business process in your line of business
Our consultants are experts and they speak the language of your line of business. This does not mean that they take your experts’ place, but they are able to communicate and translate your wishes into GIS related solutions. Read more about the lines of business that we serve on the market pages.
Our vision, experience-based and looking towards the future
Geodan operates from a thorough vision of the future of geo-ICT with ample knowledge and experience from the past. Geodan was at the cradle of geo-information architectures and infrastructures of leading organisations, from central to local governments and from research institutes to multinationals.
Some of the services and products of the consultancy team:
- Vision building and strategy development for the application of geo-ICT and a future-stable geo-architecture, investments in geo-ICT
- Advice in the field of GIS organisations, such as the development of job profiles and the structuring of knowledge management in the field of GIS management and use
- Advice in the field of geo-ICT, such as Open GIS standards, Service Oriented Architectures, databases and software products, such as ESRI, MapInfo, GeoMedia and open source software
- Content-related knowledge and guidance for the elaboration of business cases, Program of Demands, functional and technical design, Approach for geo-routes
- Process guidance of implementation and innovation routes in geo-information provision, including the creation of support within the organisation
- Quick-scan and market exploration for geo-information (base registrations, data quality), software and, for example, product development
- Impact assessments, evaluations, reviews and second opinions for a series of aspects from architectural design to the implementation of GIS applications