- Objectiveness: how can we make decisions based on facts instead of gut feeling?
- Visualisation: identification of my customers. A better understanding of the target group and the willingness of my current customers to travel. What if we open a new shop, what impact will that have on our other shops in the vicinity?
- Efficiency: how can I optimally geographically divide my supply region into territories or districts in order to efficiently organise my sales (managers) and distribution. How do we optimise the routes of maintenance or sales personnel in order to minimise travel costs?
What is it and how does it work?
MapInfo Professional is desktop software which allows you to map out your own data, for example, using a postcode map. Your data can also be combined with socio-demographic data, such as, for example, population numbers, age distribution and level of income. This gives a large range of analysis options.
The analysis functions of the software allow you to, for example:
- make selections based on specific attributes (and you can see where these are);
- to make selections based on proximity or accessibility;
- to delineate districts and manage these based on your own criteria;
- to combine or collect various data spatially.
MapInfo Professional is fully supported by Geodan through a support team.
- User-friendly system that is fully compatible with Microsoft Office. Which enables you to import all your information from, for example, Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access and to link this to the geographic map.
- There is an option to improve the software with standard extensions or to alter this or allow other people to alter this, according to your own wishes.
- At any time this can be expanded with new map layers (Geodan has a wide range of map layers, for example postcode maps).
- Option to create and manage delineation of districts.
What are the benefits?
- A map allows you to communicate clearly and unambiguously. All information is illustrated clearly and convincingly for all involved parties.
- Based on the objective data and spatial analyses, it is easier to gain an insight into complex issues and to make decisions.
- A proportionally divided and logical delineation of districts based on, for example, sales data or population numbers. This delineation will ensure, for example, that each sales representative visits equal numbers of customers.
Also of interest
- GeoCatch: Automatic generation of catchment areas in MapInfo Professional based on the travel times between 4-digit postcodes.
- DistricterPlus: Automatic generation of districts in MapInfo Professional, taking into account the capacity of each site, and travel time or distance.
- Routefinder: Help to resolve routing issues in MapInfo Professional.
- Geoserver.nl: Include automated addresses on the map (geocoding) and access to base maps to be used in MapInfo Professional.
- Multiple Mapper: Create automated sequences of thematic maps.
Conditions relating to MapInfo Professional
Depending on the type of use and the number of users, we use various types of licences. Please ask us about the conditions applicable to your usage. All of the prices that are given exclude VAT and are subject to change.
- Version: 12.0
- Update frequency: Once a year
- Price: from € 2,492.00
Type of licence
In terms of the licence, you have two options:
- Single use (node locked): you install the software on a PC or laptop. The licence is registered on the same machine.
- Concurrent use: you install the software on various PCs or laptops. You register the licence on a licence server. All machines on which MapInfo Professional is used connect to the licence server. The maximum number of concurrent users equals the number of licences that are purchased. ‘Concurrent use’ licences are more expensive, but more efficient to use.