- Geographic analyses: performing geographic analyses using your own data.
- Marketing activities: optimising marketing campaigns by targeting your audience more specifically.
- Sales and distribution districts: optimising your sales and distribution districts.
What is it and how does it work?
The postcode maps are made up of postcode districts. A postcode district is made up of all of the addresses and buildings that have the same postcode. The postcode maps can be supplied at different levels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6-digit postcodes. The 4-digit postcode level (for example 1079) can be used to analyse and display data on a national scale. If you wish to perform analyses on a more accurate scale, a 5-digit (1079 M) or a 6-digit (for example 1079 MB) postcode map may be useful. Geographic selections of postcode areas or points can be supplied upon request, as can additional attributes. The postcode maps can be used in a GIS (such as MapInfo Professional and ArcGIS), but also in a BI system or in your own web application.
- The postcode boundaries are based on the Addresses and Buildings in the Netherlands (AGN) file, based on the BAG (Basic Register of Addresses and Buildings). This is the most accurate way of establishing the boundaries of postcode districts.
- Supplied as standard are a large number of variables and reference map layers.
- Each year, Geodan is the first organisation to release the postcode map.
What are the benefits?
- A geographic display of your customer database or other company information helps you to gain a better insight into the way in which your company or organisation operates.
- Postcode maps form the basis for a location analysis or target group analysis. This helps you to gain an insight into the postcode districts that are of interest in terms of your location, for opening a new branch or expanding your activities.
- By mapping out your territory or districts, you prevent unnecessary duplication and competition between companies (cannibalisation).
- By analysing in which areas flyer distribution would have the greatest impact, you will yield a greater return from your marketing campaigns at lower costs.
Also of interest
- Marketing data: a collection of a large number of socio-demographic characteristics of postcode districts. Available at all different postcode levels.
- Connections table postcode-neighbourhood code: this table contains the corresponding Statistics Netherlands (CBS) neighbourhood code, district code, street name and town or city.
- Table containing postcode points: a table containing only the postcode points and the corresponding x and y coordinates can also be ordered.
Conditions relating to Postcode maps
Depending on the type of use and the number of users, we use various types of licenses. Please ask us about the conditions applicable to your usage. All of the prices that are given exclude VAT and are subject to change.
- Version: 2016
- Update frequency: Once a year
- 4-digit postcode map from € 200.00 (Basic version)
- 5-digit postcode map from € 950.00 (Basic version)
- 6-digit postcode map from € 4,990.00 (Basic version)
- Can geographic selections be made?: Yes
In the 4-digit, 5-digit and 6-digit* postcode maps, the following map layers are supplied:
- number of addresses by postcode
- number of inhabitants by postcode
- area code regions
- local councils
- COROP (Coordination Commission Regional Research Programme) areas
- Chamber of Commerce areas
- safety regions
- towns or cities
- reference layers such as roads and railways, nature reserves and places
* The 6-position postcode data set also includes a number of energy-related data (source: PICO): gas consumption and power consumption per PC6.
For more options, please contact us.