Processing personal data by the book
At Geodan, we are committed to a lawful, fair and transparent processing of personal data, adhering to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We handle sensitive data, like your name and email adress, thoughtfully: we don’t sell your data to third parties and process sensitive information confidentially.
When you continue to browse the websites, such as reading the content or clicking on a link, or contact us by mail or phone, you consent to us using your personal data in the way that we describe here. This includes cookie-placements as well.
This policy covers only our handling of personal data through websites. For the handling of sensitive and personal data via products and services that Geodan delivers, we refer to the relevant agreements and contracts.
Information you provide to us
We take various technical and organisational measures (including relating to coding, passwords and physical security) to safeguard your personal data against loss. This includes against any form of unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure or other unlawful processing.
We collect the following information when you use our websites or contact us:
- When you contact us by mail, phone or through the contact form on our websites: we collect your name, email address or phone number, and any other information you may provide to us.
- When you contact us about a job opening: we collect any relevant information you provide to us.
- When you browse the website or contact us with commercial inquiries: we collect general analytics data and any contact and other information you provide to us.
We use this information in these ways
- To reply to your information request when you contacted us.
- To keep you in our recruitment database if you contacted us about job openings.
- For our own marketing communication correspondence, including the monthly newsletter and the GeodanMagazine for which you can subscribe through the website. We can also use this information to follow up on leads.
We store the following data
- Customer support information for up to a year.
- Recruitment information for up to five years.
- Marketing information for up to two years.
This type of data is processed based on your consent. In case of customer support we need to be able to provide you that service. It is not a contractual or statutory requirement to provide this information.
Information we obtain about you
Sometimes we obtain your personal data from other parties for general marketing purposes, such as companies that provide us with an overview of publicly available information on people that have submitted a job application. We will use this information with the same intent and purpose.
We also use Google Analytics in the way described below.
How long do we retain information?
Geodan does not retain data for any longer than is necessary.
We sometimes share your personal data with other companies. This section explains the arguments and conditions under which we will do so:
- This includes service providers that support us in sending emails and other messages related to our marketing. We require these companies to adequately safeguard your personal data and not use your data for any other purpose not authorized by us.
- We will also release personal data to the authorities, if we are compelled to do so by law.
- We will not sell or provide your personal data to other third parties allowing them to use your personal data for their own purposes.
You should also know that your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other company entities around the world or to our service providers. If you are an EU resident, this could imply that we also transfer data to countries or organizations that do not offer a so-called adequate level of protection for your personal data. When we transfer this data, we will do so only when we have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. Please contact us to obtain a copy of the safeguards that we have put in place. Our contact details can be found at the bottom.
You have the right to request from us access to your personal data that we process through our websites. You also have the right to:
- Rectify incorrect personal data or erase it in certain circumstances.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
- Receive your data so that you can use it elsewhere (data portability).
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, this authority is the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware that a withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data before the date on which you withdrew your consent.
We place a number of cookies that are basically essential to the website’s functioning. Yet there are also other important cookies, such as Google Analytics, even though you may not see the immediate effect they have. We do not place these tracking cookies ourselves; third parties do this on our behalf (third-party cookies). We are therefore unable to bear responsibility for these.
We use the following cookies:
These cookies are essential to the functioning of the website and cannot be switched off. In most cases, these cookies are only used in response to an action involving you requesting a service. For example: registering your privacy settings, logging in to the website or completing a form. You can set your browser to block these cookies or warn you about them. However, if you do so some parts of the website will not work. These cookies do not store any personal identifiable information.
If you do not want your click behavior to be tracked, you can download a browser plug-in from the Google website to prevent this. This setting will then apply to all websites that you visit, so not only the Geodan website. You can download the browser plug-in here.
Cookies are also placed to analyse which content you view in order to offer you specific services: Tawk.to places cookies to enable the live chat function. We also place SharpSpring cookies for forms on our website. These are used to track visitors and submit entries.
LinkedIn, Facebook, Google and Microsoft may place cookies on our websites to gauge whether the advertisements we display on their services are effective. These allow them to track which advertisements you have already seen and how many visitors view the entire advertisement, how many click on it or how many undertake an action on our website after clicking on it.
Social media sharing buttons
The site contains buttons for sharing pages on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These buttons are pieces of code belonging to the social media themselves and make use of a cookie. The cookie for the individual service remembers that you are logged in so that you do not need to do this each time. Please consult the privacy statements of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to learn how these companies treat your personal data.
Att. Privacy Dept.
President Kennedylaan 1
1079 MB Amsterdam
or by mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 23 March 2021
This information can be viewed on www.geodan.com/cookie-policy/